Search vendors, read latest blogs, see real weddings pics, and know India's awesome wedding culture
I often wondered why weddings are always about the bride. You do not agree? Well, Google about weddings in India, and all the searches are related to the bride - makeup, hairstyle, lehenga, and jewelry. I am like whoa there is some serious lack of balance, and it is time for corrective measures.
An Indian groom's wedding day attire is limited to two options - Sherwani or Achkan. Therefore accessories are used to make them look unique and refreshing. There are different types of accessories for the groom like Safa, Sarpech or Kalingi, Kantha mala, and dupatta. Each has its impact; however the most alluring of all is the Kantha for groom.
Kantha (also known as a necklace) is worn by every groom as a part of his wedding look. But nowadays even the groom's besties and family members add a touch of royalty to their looks by wearing swanky necklaces. In the recent wedding bashes of the Ambani children, Bollywood bigwigs like Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan paired their outfits with chunky neckpieces over understated dresses.
So I dived down the bottomless ocean of the internet to find some mind-blowing wedding Kantha ideas for our soon-to-be grooms. Below are the results!
1. You can never go wrong with a necklace made with white Pearls. Whether it is a single layer piece or the Satlada (seven layers) - both look stunning on light, and the pastel-colored groom wears.
2. White pearls look great when they are mixed with colored stones. The most alluring part of this wedding Kantha is the pairing with Safa. All three - the sherwani, necklace, and the head wrap are color coordinated to complete the look.
Also Check >> Best Engagement Dress for Men
3. This statement necklace proves the fact that the temple jewelry is not only for a bride. The grooms too can carry it off with panache and style. The mix of gold, cream, and dark green of the jewelry merges well with the golden motif adorned sherwani.
4. The gold and stone studded brooches in this Kantha are adding to its richness and beauty. At the same time, the white pearls are bringing in the touch of elegance.
Don't Miss >> Secrets a Groom Should Know Before Wedding
5. If you want something luxurious yet minimalistic, then this maroon colored Kantha for groom is a perfect choice. The best part about this accessory is the little stars made of diamond and silver. They bring life to the necklace, making it look pleasing and posh.
6. Have you ever seen a Kantha with a stone figure in the pendant? The refreshing take on traditional groom necklaces made us stop, take notice, and admire the stone figure of Lord Krishna. Such unique and out of the box accessories can take the look notch up higher.
You Can't Miss >> Reception Dress Ideas for Groom
7. For the grooms who like doing the unexpected, and wear off-beat colors; necklace made of green stones and studded with diamond flowers complement such colors. Be it subtle or peppy color fabrics - the versatile appeal of green stones make them wearable with almost all the colors.
8. The colorful combination of ruby, gold, pearl, and embossed beads make this Kantha one of the most perfect wedding accessories for groom. The multi-color design makes it easy to be paired with gold, cream, ivory, and tan colored groom apparels. However, the most alluring part of this design is the hanging elephant head at the center.
Have a Look @ Mehndi Designs for Groom
9. A unique admixture of gold chains, miniature pearls, embellished beads, and Polki brooch give this Kantha a modern appeal. It can be paired with an Indo-Western dress designed in earthy shades. Or it is perfect for plain white Sherwani or Achkan, as the statement design will induce drama.
So these are our nine stunning necklace ideas which soon-to-be grooms must try for their upcoming wedding functions. If you too have a unique idea for the wedding Kantha, then please comment in the section below, and share it with us. We will make that idea a part of our list.
By Payal Shivdasani | 28 Apr, 2020
Shaadidukaan, a name in which you can trust and believe. We are one of the fastest growing online wedding markets where you can find the country's best wedding vendors in an instant. At Shaadidukaan, you can search and book a vast selection of wedding-related services like catering, photography, makeup, wedding planning from the verified & top-notch vendors at an affordable cost. Our ultimate goal is to make your wedding as memorable as possible that we do by offering you unrivaled wedding planning services. Now, your dream wedding will not be a dream anymore!.